Are you trying to grow fuller, thicker eyebrows but find it a slow-going chore? You probably feel that lovely, bushy brows were meant for everyone but you!
There are many effective ways to help your brows grow thick and strong. Using an eyebrow growth serum is one of them, but finding the right one can also be quite a chore.
Our guide makes selecting one easy since we highlight the best eyebrow growth serum formulas. We also provide helpful tips to help you choose one, so read on to find the right product to help your thin, mediocre brows fill in and grow.
What’s Behind Your Thinning Brows?
Here are some of the most common reasons for having short, thin brows.
- Hereditary – Perhaps, along with your good looks, you inherited thin brows from Mom and Dad. No-fault of yours (or theirs), just nature at work!
- Over-Plucking – Over-plucking, waxing, and threading will take a toll on your eyebrows.
- Underlying Skin Conditions – Eczema, psoriasis, alopecia areata, and hypothyroidism can directly or indirectly lead to eyebrow hair loss.
- Illness – Certain illnesses, including stress, can affect the health of your hair. They may cause your current hair and new growth to weaken and fall out easily.
- Aging – As you get older, it’s not just the hair on your head that starts to thin; eyebrows can suffer, too.
- Treatments – Some medications will cause your hair to thin and fall out. The drugs used in cancer-fighting chemotherapy are notorious for these side effects, but some non-cancer-fighting medicines also have the same result.
What Are the Different Types of Eyebrow Growth Serum?
Whatever product you choose, remember that you will use it on your face, pretty close to your eyes. Therefore, it is essential to understand what is in the serum to avoid an allergic reaction.
While there is a wide range of eyebrow growth serums available, there are two main types:
- Prescription-Only – Prescription-only eyebrow growth serums are the most potent ones you can buy. They do, however, carry side effects you should carefully consider. Discussing the issue with your healthcare provider will help you decide if a prescription-only brand is what you need.
- Over-The-Counter – These run the gamut of descriptions, including “all-natural, “organic,” and “vegan.” There are also those which contain minute amounts of the substance the prescription-only brands use. Here are some of the most common ingredients the best eyebrow growth serums might boast of having.
- Red Clover
- Vitamin E
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
Time and patience will be your friends in using these products, but as long as you are using the right one, you should begin to see favorable results in a few weeks. That’s a short time compared to the many years most of us spent plucking our brows into submission!
Top 15 Best Eyebrow Growth Serum
Without further ado, below is the top 15 of the best eyebrow growth serum you can pick off.
A concentrated, lightweight serum with four peptide technologies to promote the look of thicker, fuller, and healthier brows. It has a dual purpose to enhance the lashes as well. With consistent use, you will notice a difference in growth thickness and fullness. It will not make the brow grow longer but it noticeably adds to the fullness. The brush is comfortable to use and helps distribute the serum more evenly. Very affordable and can be used for both lash and brows.
- Comfortable brush
- May feel itchy and cause breakout on sensitive skin
This award-winning brow enhancing serum is infused with a special formulation of vitamins, antioxidants, and amino acids to promote naturally fuller, bolder-looking brows in just six to eight weeks, with full results in four months. This product is ideal for enhancing sparse or thinning brows, and it’s also helpful in restoring the appearance of misshapen or over plucked brows. A little bit pricey but you will get healthier and fuller eyebrows as a result.
- Help to boost brows growth
- Soften the eyebrows
- The brush doesn’t always pick up enough serum so you may need to redo it a couple of times to coat your whole brows
This powerful, hydrating formula helps prevent lashes and brows from looking sparse, short, and thin. Lashes and brows appear fuller, healthier, and rich with shine after as little as eight weeks. It’s designed with a flocked-tip applicator to comfortably reach small areas between lashes and into the lash line. It can work both as lash and brow serum. The price is in the medium point which is not very cheap but also not too expensive either.
- Help eyebrows to appear fuller and healthier
- Dense and full looking eyebrows
- The applicator doesn’t work great in distributing the product
KUSH peptide formula improves the appearance of lash and brow thickness. Other ingredients listed such as aloe, B5, and quinoa helps to support hair follicles health for longer-looking lashes and brows. This product has a natural formula that means you don’t have to worry about irritation. It will not give you instant results but just like any other treatment, consistency is key. It is quite expensive but it works for both lashes and brows so you basically get a dual purpose product with this.
- Safe for sensitive eyes and skin
- Natural formula
- Will sting your eyes so you need to be careful not to get any of the product into your eyes
A plant-based brow enhancing serum with clinically tested phyto actives that promote thicker, fuller looking brows. The formula is hormone-free making it safe and suitable for all skin types. It helps build strong cells around the dermal papilla regenerating the follicle. It effectively reawakens dormant brow follicles to deliver visibly thicker, fuller brows. Perfect for people who have sparse and thin brows. This product is quite expensive for a single use product but it gives results quicker compared to other products so it is worth the price.
- Support brows growth and make them soft
- Strengthen eyebrows and reducing shedding
- Clean ingredients
- It takes weeks to see results
A night-time serum designed to lengthen and volumize hair for healthier-looking lashes and brows. It helps to improve the appearance of lash and brow thickness for longer, fuller-looking lashes and brows over time. It comes with a tapered, precise brush for easier and targeted application. This affordable brow serum is vegan and made out of clean ingredients. However, it can trigger an allergic reaction to sensitive skin.
- Clean ingredients
- Easy to use
- May cause allergic reaction on sensitive skin
Judging by the price point, this serum is probably the most affordable serum you can get. With only 8 dollars you can get a product that works both as eyebrows and lashes serum. Even though it is affordable, the formula is still rich with nutrients such as vitamins and amino acids to encourage healthy hair growth. It also contains antioxidants to protect the eyebrows from radical damage. For a vegan and clean formula at this price, this product is a steal.
- Free of harmful ingredients
- Takes up longer time to show result
The CoverGirl lash and eyebrow serum is also very affordable and it comes with a spoolie making application a lot easier. However, some people find that the brush is too stiff and can feel a little bit harsh on the skin. The formula is infused with bamboo extract, biotin, peptides, and castor oil for thicker, fuller, and stronger lashes and brows. It also softens the hair making makeup products application a lot smoother.
- Soften lash and eyebrow hair
- Improve lash and eyebrow growth in relatively short time
- The spoolie can be a little harsh to the skin so make sure to give it some space from the skin
The rehab brow care serum is designed to nourish and recover brows from damages due to treatments such as waxing, lamination, tinting and bleaching. The main ingredients including castor oil and shea butter promote brows growth and nourish the hair making them appear healthier and softer. It has a nice texture that isn’t sticky or clumpy once it dries down. It is very affordable but the performance deserves to be praised.
- Repair brow damages
- Work as a night serum as well as a brow gel during the day
- Takes some times to see results
RapidBrow provides the appearance of more youthful, healthier and fuller-looking eyebrows for men and women. It is enriched with ortifying proteins, stimulating peptides and nourishing ingredients to target every angle of eyebrow hair. It contains apple fruit cell extract, a revolutionary anti-aging ingredient to help rejuvenate the youthful appearance of brows. It is in the medium point where it is not expensive but not very affordable.
- Helps the brow grow and feel softer
- Help to achieve the bushy eyebrow look
- The result will not last. Once you stop using the product, your eyebrow will non continue to look bushy
Formulated with biotin and peptides, this serum is designed to boost and enhance the natural look of lashes and brows. It will leave your eyebrows feeling moisturized and grow longer. It has a gentle formula and may take some time to see results, but the formula is safe to use even if you have sensitive skin. It comes with a fine tip brush applicator allowing you to apply the product on each brow hair from roots to tips. For a product that is fairly affordable, it doesn give you results with consistent usage.
- Gentle formula
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Takes some time to see result
Get brows that look thicker and bolder with this castor oil, vitamin, and antioxidant-infused serum. It’s ideal for brows that are thin, over-plucked, or just need a little extra love. This serum will help revive the brows condition even for sparse and over plucked eyebrows. Keep in mind that you only need to apply this serum 2-3 times per week to maintain the bushy brows look. It is on the pricier side of the price point but since you don’t need to use it daily, it is still worth the price.
- Easy to use doe foot applicator
- Safe for sensitive skin
- It takes times to see results
If you want thicker, darker rapid brow growth, or if you have a bald spot and want to fill it back in with your own natural hair, you may need to give this eyebrow growth serum a try. It is amazing at restoring natural eyebrows and contains conditioner making your brow hair feel softer. The formula stimulates blood flow whilst cleaning and clearing follicles blockages making it effective to boost eyebrows growth. It is in the medium price point that is not super affordable but will not make you bankrupt either.
- Boost the hair growth
- Easy to apply
- Glides smoothly over the eyebrows
- The formula is very strong so you need to make sure not to overdo it or you will get unintended hair growth on unwanted areas
A nourishing eyebrow serum with natural ingredients that is gentle, non-irritating, and safe for all skin types. It is fairly affordable for a formula that is actually effective in boosting hair growth. You can see noticeable results just in weeks. If you have bald spots or sparse eyebrows, this product is worth trying. This eyebrow growth serum not only promotes hair growth but also moisturizes so your brows will appear healthier and shinier.
- Gentle formula
- Paraben free
- Suitable for all skin type
- It takes time and consistency until you see results
Viebeauti integrated the extract of Ginseng root and Tuber Fleeceflower into its formula to give you healthy and lush eyebrows. It contains natural ingredients with no fragrance added so you should be able to use it safely without getting irritated. The formula works wonders not only on your eyebrows, but even keeps the skin below your brows hydrated and moisturized. It is fairly affordable and suitable for all skin types regardless gender.
- Natural ingredients
- Fragrance free
- Safe for every skin type
- It can get crusty if you use it too much, so make sure to use enough amount of it
What is the best product for eyebrow growth?
The best product for eyebrow growth depends on your current eyebrow situation, skin type, and overall eyebrow goals. Some serums have stronger formulas and give quicker results but if bushy eyebrows are not your thing, then you may not want to use them. Meanwhile, some products have a gentler formula that gives a more natural look but it takes more time to show.
Is there an eyebrow growth serum that works?
Yes, there are a lot of eyebrow serums that work just like the products we’ve listed in this article. However, it takes time for the formulas to work so you need to be patient and consistent. Even the most expensive eyebrow growth serum still needs some time in order to give you results, so make sure that you use it consistently.
Is there a product to regrow eyebrows?
Yes, there are pretty a lot of products to regrow eyebrows such as the Makeup Revolution Rehab Brow Serum. It does not only maintain your overall eyebrow health but also promotes new growth on sparse and thin eyebrows due to some treatment damage. The other eyebrow growth serum works just as good but you may need some time until you see your bald eyebrows fully regrown.