For fierce, sexy lashes, sometimes mascaras aren’t enough. If you want to have that perfect bold eye style that will make your eyes appear bigger and brighter, you have to use fake eyelashes.
However, not all fake eyelashes can promise you a great appearance. Choose the wrong lashes, and you risk getting severely overdressed, not to mention the horror if it falls out and you don’t realize it!
In our guide below, we’ll take a look at the best fake eyelashes to help you find the right one for your needs.
Are Fake Eyelashes Safe?
As fake eyelashes gain more popularity and become a part of our daily makeup routine, more people ask if fake eyelashes are safe or can harm our lashes and eyes. The answer to this question is not simple because it depends on so many things.
In general, fake eyelashes are relatively safe. But it can also do your eyes more harm if it is not applied correctly. Some damage that can occur due to the improper use of fake lashes may include:
- Allergic reaction to the glue
- A stye underneath your lash line
- Drooping eyelids due to the weight of the lashes
- Eye irritation or infection
- Natural eyelash loss
Before using fake lashes, ensure that the adhesive and material used are safe for your skin and eyes. You also need to pay better attention if you have sensitive eyes and check out if there are any possible allergies from the glue.
Tips in Choosing and Wearing Fake Eyelashes
- Choose Lashes Based on Your Eye Shape. Women with deep-set eyes will look better with long thick lashes. Those with round eyes will look great with winged and wispy lashes, even better if paired with a cat-eye style. Any lash type for almond eyes will work for you, but it’s wiser to choose a crisscrossed lash to get that voluminous effect.
- Go With Lashes Made of Real Hair, Polyester, Nylon, or Cotton. If you’re looking for a comfortable eyelash, you’d best go with eyelashes with these materials. Natural hair lashes are also comfortable since it uses a softer thread band that won’t poke your eyelids. At the end of the day, it’s really about preference. If you have the cash, you can try a few variations to see which one suits you most.
- Choose the One With the Same Length as Your Own Lashes. For first-timer wearers, it’s better to pick a pair of the same length as your own. This way, it will enhance your volume when applied but not make people notice when you have them on. If you’re not comfortable with the eyelash length you bought, you can always trim them with a cuticle scissor.
- Get the Right Glue. If not properly secured, false eyelashes can fall out. Many latex-free types of glue for eyelashes go well for women who are allergic to latex. Choose a brand that dries fast, holds well, and blends better.
- Make Sure that it is Safe for Your Eyes. It is especially very important if you have sensitive eyes. Make sure that all the materials used are safe for your eyes. Check the label or search online for the ingredient list of the product.
- Follow the Directions. Yes, don’t throw up the packaging before you even read the directions. It can contain some critical information, including how to put them properly and keep them clean. Improper hygiene care may open doors for bacteria and fungi that can trigger allergies and cause infection.
- Do not Share. Don’t ever share the same fake eyelashes with other people, no matter what you do. Not even your best friends. Sharing used fake lashes can introduce your eyes to germs and bacteria. And if you ever get the chance to try fake eyelash samples on beauty counters, just say no.
Top 15 Best Fake Eyelashes to Buy
One of the bestselling lashes in the market, Ardell’s Multipack Demi Wispies Fake Eyelashes is a great quality for its convenient price. With a natural style that can fit into all eye shapes including large, small, round, almond-shaped, and deep set – this lashes proves to be the best quality among the others.
Having great volume and length, this fake eyelash can recreate any dramatic eye look you want whether you’re going to a party or wedding. Flexible and comfortable, you can reuse the lashes for more than 3 times of use, and even though a little flashy, these false eyelashes, for me, are a bargain that any wise shopper shouldn’t miss.
These multi-layered fake eyelashes give the look of lash extensions with a plumped-up effect and enviable volume. Featuring Tapered End Technology and made with 100 percent natural hair, they look like your natural lashes only fuller. These fake eyelashes are easy to apply and it is cruelty-free, contact lens friendly, and reusable up to 10 times with proper care.
The eyelashes are full, fluffy, comfortable, and easy to apply. The roots of the eyelashes are soft, flexible, and easy to bend. Put on these thin and long false eyelashes and your eyes would look bigger, brighter, and more attractive. The best fake eyelashes to make you look naturally gorgeous and beautiful at an affordable price.
Newcally lashes are 100% hand knotted making it more unique and strong. It comes with just the right length and volume, and will blend with your natural lashes seamlessly. It features a flexible thin cotton lash band that is easy and comfortable to wear. It can be reused up to 15 times if you store them properly.
These lashes are cruelty-free, and made from synthetic mellow fibers and a comfortable cotton band. It looks great and will make your eyes look gorgeous. However, it is a little bit pricey for a single-use fake lashes. But you can wear it multiple times if you take proper care of them.
If you are looking for super dramatic bold eyelashes with no joke, this one from ONE/SIZE by Patrick Starrr will give you the doll up look you want. The lash band is very comfy so you can wear them all day long without hurting your lash line. The best fake lashes for drag makeup.
From the office to happy hour, these vegan fake eyelashes offer a versatile look for every eye shape. It is flexible and lightweight so you can wear them seamlessly and comfortably. It gives your eyes extra drama but still very wearable for daily use. Great quality fake eyelashes at an affordable price.
Get a more subtle look with these Miami Lite fake eyelashes that are perfect for any glam and all-day wear. These lashes are low maintenance, clean easily, and can be reused. They provide the perfect amount of volume and length for an everyday look or for going out. It adds a little drama without looking too fake.
These ultra-natural-looking lashes are so easy to apply making them perfect for first-time fake eyelash users. The glue dries completely invisible and lasts all day. It’s also easy to remove and will not hurt you in the process. These lashes come with invisible bands making them blend seamlessly with your natural lashes.
Magnetic lashes offer a faster and more effective application compared to glue lashes. These Glamnetic lashes are proved to be good and become everyone’s favorite in no time. However, the magnetic lashes also tend to fall easier compared to lashes with glue. You need to be more careful and keep them from oils and don’t get them wet.
These lashes are beautiful and give the extra pop to yur eye makeup. However, if you’re looking for a day time lashes that look natural, this might not be your best option. It looks bold and people might notice that you wear falsies. But it has a nice quality at a great price point.
Ardell’s Naked Lashes have subtle volume & length for everyday wear. has mid-length and volume with crisscross layering. The invisible bands provide the most comfortable wear and allows for a seamless, truly undetectable look. It is suitable for first-time eyelash users and avid false lash wearers with a preference for lighter, natural styles.
A faux mink lashes that look luxurious but feel light and natural. As soft, ultrafine, and tapered as real mink, these lashes look indistinguishable from your natural lashes. The band is invisible but you need to bend it until it is flexible enough and hug your lash line for a seamless contoured fit.
These luxe silk lashes have a wispy, eye-opening effect that provides the perfect glam look. It is lightweight and has a comfortable fit making it suitable for every eye shape. It is also durable and you can reuse each pair up to 10 times if you take care of them properly.
What are the easiest fake eyelashes to use?
The easiest fake eyelashes to use should be the one with a flexible band. Flexible bands allow the lashes to fit your eyes contour seamlessly and comfortably without pulling your lash line. Flexible bands also help you to apply the lashes effortlessly since you don’t have to bend it first to make it comfortable.
Can you wear fake lashes everyday?
Yes, you can. You just need to ensure that you choose high-quality lashes that will not harm your natural lashes and eye skin. Opt for natural hair material that is lightweight so your eyes won’t get droopy in the long run. You also need to make sure that you put them on and off properly.
Are magnetic lashes better than glue?
Yes and no. Magnetic lashes are superior in terms of application efficiency. You can put them faster and easier and it can be the perfect option for beginners. However, if you are going to an outdoor activity the magnetic lashes might not be your best option since they tend to fall off easier compared to fake eyelashes with glue.