You might wonder ‘why does my mascara get wet in the cold?’ You might also notice that spending time outside in winter can affect your mascara and it can definitely get wet. Yes girls, cold weather triggers smudge and clumping mascara on your eyelashes. So, choosing the right product is very crucial.
We believe that you don’t want to experience something embarrassing with your eyes, do you? Especially when you have to meet your friends outdoors. In this article, we have some recommendations of the perfect mascara products for winter, which you can choose to meet your make-up needs. Let’s check them out!
Your mascara can get wet in the cold because when you are outside, technically your eyes are in a dry condition. Dry and cold weather makes your eyes dehydrate, which require your eyes to work harder in producing lubricant to maintain their performance. This reflection makes your tears come out continuously. Therefore, when you put on mascara in the cold, your eyelashes will easily get wet. These factors are the reasons why your mascara gets wet in the cold.
- Warmer air from your breath. When you breathe in cold weather, the air that comes out of your mouth is warmer than the actual air outside. So, the mascara will immediately get wet because the cool air holds less moisture than hot air. In addition, your breath will bring more water outside. The warm breath will condense anything on the surface over your nose, which includes your mascara.
- Cold air. Cold air around you will make your eyes super dry. When you apply mascara on your lashes, the cold and dry air dehydrate your eyes. This condition forces your eyes to re-lubricate. Moreover, cold air with less humidity will also make your eyes become more sensitive, thus it will make your mascara get wet easily in the cold.
- Mascara contains water. Most mascara in the market also consists water as one of the ingredients. In cold weather, water will freeze partially. In this situation, the ingredients of the mascara would react. The changing of the ingredients in the mascara that is caused by freezing condition makes the mascara get wet in the cold.
- Strong wind. Strong wind in the cold makes the mascara get wet easily. The snow during the winter can also become an enemy for mascara wearers. Those combinations will make your eyes tear up. So, if you apply mascara, it will ruin your makeup because it causes smudge and clump.
In order to avoid mascara from getting wet in the cold, you need to choose the right product. There are certain mascara you can wear to make you look stunning in any occasion, especially in winter.
- Waterproof mascara. The usage of regular mascara only lasts longer in normal weather. However, if you face cold air or winter, it is useless to use the regular mascara because it will most likely get wet in the cold. To solve this problem, we are highly recommending you to choose waterproof mascara. This type of mascara can resist moisture, which will remain spot on in the cold or when you are exposed to water.
- Volumizing mascara. Volumizing mascara has a design that can reach the smallest lashes at once. In addition, this kind of mascara also has a long-lasting formula, so we can assure you that it will avoid your mascara from getting wet quickly in the cold. Furthermore, this kind of mascara can also help in separating each of your eyelash, too. It can optimally lift the eyelashes from the base, and then thicken and curl them instantly.
- Clump and smudge free mascara. If you have dense, thick eyelashes, and it looks close to each other, then putting on a mascara can come as a disaster because it can stick to one another. In order to avoid this kind of disaster, you will need clump and smudge-free mascara. This product has a formula that consists of certain ingredients, such as silk extract or glycerin, as well as silicone mascara brush to prevent clumping of your eyelashes, especially in the cold.
Here are some mascara products in the market that you can consider having, to prevent it from getting wet in the cold. Choose the right one to wow your friends while having fun outdoors in winter!
This is a very black, washable mascara, which includes bamboo extract to create long and thick lashes. So, if you have very thin lashes and wanting to bring back the confidence in you, then you might want to pick this one. It literally makes your lashes look thick, super long, and also without clumps, which is perfect to avoid your mascara from getting wet in the cold.
This product is a lengthening and volumizing mascara with no clumping, no smudging, no flaking, and definitely delivers full lashes that look soft on your eyes. Even if you apply just one application, your lashes will look full with a nice volume. L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise will definitely bring out the best highlights of your eyelashes. Even if you get sweaty, we can assure you that it will stay all day long. With all of those benefits, you can apply it in order to avoid your mascara from getting wet in the cold.
This volumizing mascara will max out every lash on your eyes. So, if you want to get more volume instantly or you don’t want to experience your mascara getting wet in the cold, you can try this product. The good thing about this mascara is that you don’t need to re-apply it multiple times because it will stay on you all day. In addition, when you apply it to your lashes, the brush can separate each lash and coat it evenly to make it look long and full.
If you are looking for volumizing mascara without synthetic fragrances, paraffins, mineral oil, parabens, and also silicones, then you might want to choose this one. This mascara will make your lashes look lush, thicker, and also longer. Moreover, it won’t clump and it can also separate your eyelashes evenly. So, if you are struggling to find the right product for winter and cold weather, this is for you, definitely.
This is one of mascara products that you can wear to make your lashes look longer and also fuller. It doesn’t flake off and it’s also super easy to apply. It’s clearly does not get wet in the cold, and you can simply rinse it off at night. Another important feature of this item is that you can apply it on your lashes once, and you can relax all day. Furthermore, it will also add length to your lashes and separate it perfectly.
If you are one of those who can easily gets allergic to make-ups including mascara, then you can try this one. The features of this mascara include waterproof, volumizing, and also lengthening. It doesn’t flake and it can also add more volume to your lashes without spider thick lash effect and any clumps. Moreover, applying this mascara will also add curls to your dead straight lashes making it crispy and hard. Applying waterproof mascara will avoid you from having a bad experience if your mascara gets wet in the cold.
This is a smudge proof, water resistant, volumizing mascara, and also the one that is easy to remove. Therefore, you don’t need to worry that your mascara will get wet in the cold. You also don’t need any makeup remover as you can clean it easily using warm water. The mascara can also gives your lashes a dramatic definition and length, without making it spidery.
This one is probably one of the cheapest mascara that comes with waterproof feature, because it only costs $4.99 for 12 ml. The mascara is tolerable for sensitive eyes and it won’t irritate your eyes. As this is waterproof mascara, you don’t need to worry that your lashes will get wet, because it can stick on your lashes all day long, plus give you a voluminous effect, too. In addition, the mascara can also add more definition without globs and clumps on your eyelashes.
You might find it a bit challenging to find the right mascara for sensitive eyes. But, you will definitely feel happy to find this mascara. It is fantastic, waterproof, hypoallergenic, ophthalmologically tested, and also suitable for outdoor use during winter. It’s also perfect for you who often wear contact lens. It won’t sting and clump when you apply it, and it can separate your eyelashes easily with a lift. This mascara features a design that is perfect for sensitive skin, dry, irritated, or lash loss. So, it will not make your eyes blur and tear. Lastly, it goes on well and it doesn’t smudge, too.
Clump free, waterproof & long lasting, natural & hypoallergenic, and easy to remove. Those are some of the features that Bestidy offers to you with its mascara product. Thus, calm your mind because this mascara will not get wet in the cold, it also won’t flake and dry out. The formula will ensure your eyelashes to stand, even when you sweat, teary, and even during the rain. In fact, it will make your eyelashes look voluminous, thicker, full, and look longer than your natural lashes.
This mascara will help you curl, lengthen, and volumize your eyelashes. It is highly long lasting, which will hold a curl so well, too. Furthermore, you don’t need to worry about flaking or clumping in the cold as you can put on the mascara easily and it will make your look super amazing. The good news is that it will not create dark spots around your eyes.
Some people often notice that their mascara is getting wet in the cold or after workout. However, you will not experience that kind of disaster if you have this this Vivienne Sabó mascara on your lashes. Even if you have to sweat, this waterproof mascara will last longer, more than you can imagine. It doesn’t give you the raccoon eyes kind of condition, instead it will send you dramatic, dark, and lashes that separate perfectly.
Having sensitive eyes demands you to look for the right mascara, so it won’t irritate your eyes. Basically, we recommend you this Clinique High Impact Waterproof Mascara for winter and casual make-up look because it will give you the natural looking lashes that you need. However, if you want to stay stylish during your workout or jogging session, this mascara will come as a nice product to wear, because it will stick on your eyelashes without smearing.
Formulated by smudge and clump-free ingredients, CLIO Kill Lash Superproof Mascara won’t smudge or smear all day long, even in winter. Instead, it will lift up your eyelashes and make them look longer. This is also long-lasting mascara, which you can definitely rely on for your daily make-up, either to work or party. It will separate your eyelashes perfectly and will also make them look longer, thicker and fuller for sure. It will feel like you have an eyelash extension, but in fact you don’t.
This is waterproof, hypoallergenic, and nourishing mascara because it contains Aloe and also Argan oil. The mascara consists of a non-irritating formula so it’s perfect for sensitive eyes. You can wear Mineral Fusion Waterproof Mascara all day long without smudging or irritating your eyes. It can also enhance your look by making your lashes look more natural and pretty on any occasion.
You need mascara to beautify the appearance of the eyes. You also need a mascara to emphasize the lashes, especially if you have thin and short eyelashes. Eyelashes with layers in the perfect appearance will give you the perfect look, and make your eyes look beautiful. High-quality mascara can curl and make your eyelashes look thicker, longer, and darker, too. Even if you have long eyelashes, applying mascara can make your eyes look stunning.
Yes, you should wear mascara if you like to have an attractive look for your eyes and make them look bigger. Applying mascara can enhance your appearance and make you feel confident to socialize with others. Therefore, we recommend you to pick the right product in order to keep your eyelashes healthy and avoid side effects.
Yes, it is OK to wear eyeliner without mascara. There is no rule to make-up your face because it completely depends on your style and what appearance you are looking for. You can apply eyeliner only if you want to create an edgy look. Wearing only eyeliner is also popular and you can do it easily.